10 reasons Shawn Johnson is awesomePosted: January 22, 2014
1. She competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing and won a gold medal when she was 16.
2. She can do this:
3. Iowa recognizes October 17th as “Shawn Johnson Day” state-wide.
4. She’s written a book.
5. She has master all of these faces.
6. She is a philanthropist supporting many charities. She even won $50,000 competing on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire for an Iowa children’s hospital.
7. She can stretch her foot to eye-level.
8. She can even dance.
9. She can say she’s #1 …
10. … and actually mean it.
If you still don’t believe us, come meet her in person and see for yourself! Shawn will speak at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30 in the Varsity Theatre. See you there!